undefined

Friday, July 8, 2011

Swimming Lessons

We did swim lessons at the Athletic Club this year. Last year we did them at the Y. Since I wanted to put our fearless Ellie in this year that was not an option for me. The Y requires parents to leave the pool deck and watch from a window upstairs over the pool. This was just a little far to be from Ellie the fearless. Also they had all the kids on the edge of the pool in the youngest age group. At the Club we were able to stay on the pool deck on bleachers and the kids stayed on the steps.

 We really enjoyed our whole experience here. The kids were in the Belugas. Ellie did great and so did Samuel. Samuel was advanced to Clownfish next time and Ellie will do Belugas again.
 Ellie needed to work on paying attention. hehe. This does not surprise me. They both were very comfortable with the water by the end of the six sessions. I think technically they want you to tack on another session to ingrain it farther. That would be right over the due date though and is not going to happen.
It is really important to me that my kids can swim and be safe around water.

No comments: