undefined

Thursday, July 7, 2011

4th of July

Since Zach was working on the fourth starting at 11 am I really didn't have any ambitious ideas of what we could do. I didn't really plan on doing much of anything. Then I ended up talking to Carolyn who invited us to join them at the Overstreets for a Potluck. I am so glad that she did.
We started the day by going to the Blaine Parade. I had never been before. I can honestly say that if it was just me I probably wouldn't go to very many parades. But viewing them through the eyes of my children makes them so much fun. Their excitement and enthusiasm over the smallest little things is contagious. Mom went with us to the parade. Thankfully. The whole trek there was quite exhausting at this point in my life.

Later we went to the Potluck at the Overstreets and had so much fun. I got to sit and chat with great friends while our kidlets had the time of their lives. There were so many other kids to play with. They also had a jumpy house, cotton candy machine, and snow cone machine. And a metal swing set that the kids thought was amazing. I didn't plan on staying as late as the fireworks but in the end by the time I looked at the clock it was time to go down to the show and so we decided to stay.

Samuel's response to the fireworks was priceless. He exclaimed " I can't believe my eyes."

We didn't get home until 1130. The kids had both passed out 10 minutes before getting home. I had to make the decision between putting them into their beds covered in dirt or dipping them in the bath. I chose the bath. They were both balling, they didn't want to bath they just wanted to go to bed. I was glad that I did though when I stripped them down and the bathroom floor was covered in sand and the bottom of the tub looked like I dumped mud in it. Libby and Ellie had been showering each other in sand.

You can imagine my relief in the midst of all the tears and drama when I turned around to find Zach home 3 hours earlier than I expected. He showed up right when I needed him most.

No comments: