undefined

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Mommy Insanity

This morning I had both the kids on the potty. Samuel on the toilet and Ellie on the potty chair. I was on the phone with my MIL when Samuel starts freaking out that Ellie flushed the toilet. I keep telling him that it was OK it wasn't a big deal. He was devastated though. Why you ask. Ellie flushed his own pee away when he wanted to flush it. She flushes his pee all the time and it has never bothered him before. I told him he could flush hers but that made him cry all the harder because he wanted to flush his own pee. He starts jumping up and down stomping his feet. (you have to remember he is butt naked) My MIL asks what is going on but I lose it when I start to think about how absurd the entire situation is and am laughing so hard I am crying. Then Samuel climbs up on the potty in an angry huff and starts crying even harder because "he has no more pee left". All this while my MIL is trying to relay that she would like me to be at church early. Only I can't hear her over the escalating drama. I later apologized to my poor traumatized son for laughing, but inside I am still laughing. Aren't you?

No comments: