undefined

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Batch Cook

The kids and I spent an afternoon last week checking prices for our batch cook. On Monday I made my final plan. On Tuesday my two kids, and my two nieces helped me do all the shopping. We had about 3 hours to get everything done. We hit Safeway to double check some prices then headed to town where we went to Trader Joe, Cash and Carry, Costco, Office Depot and back to Safeway and home. Busy day. The kids were tired of shopping and so was I. It was super hot.

Ellianna picked our her clothes for our shopping trip
On Wednesday morning at about 10am we got started. April arrived with baby Jeremiah and Gideon. Samuel and Gideon disappeared immediately to his room to play. Jeremiah needed to eat. It took us a while to get moving but when we did things ran smoothly.










Eden and Emily (my nieces) traded off between watching the kids and helping in the kitchen. Emily preferred the kitchen. Eden preferred neither. Jeremiah cycled between eating, arching in the bumbo, sleeping in the mobi wrap, and cat naps in the playpen. The kids did awesome. We had a few incidents of Samuel and Gideon not getting along. (In their defense there were no naps today.)Eden and Samuel finger painting each other instead of the paper. (Really no excuse for that one) And a few others.

Poor little Jeremiah really wanted his mama. Throughout the day each of the kids took turns entertaining him. Samuel kept saying the baby thinks I am really funny mommy. Ellianna would periodically sit next to him holding his hand.

When I plan a batch cook I get a little over ambitious. This makes for an exhausting day but the results are very rewarding:

8 Beef Baked Spaghetti
4 Chicken Baked Spaghetti
13 Jars of Spaghetti Sauce
12 Jars of Veggie Soup
6 Jars of Apple Sauce
5 Pesto
4 Walnut Pesto Butter Logs
8 Broccoli, Cheese Stuffed Meat Loaf
6 Chicken Stir fry
Yay for great friends who are willing to join me in my insanity. Also thank you to April for teaching me how to can. What shall we can next.

No comments: