undefined

Monday, August 8, 2011

Josiah Update


Josiah will be 3 weeks tomorrow. He is a wonderful sweet baby and he has me completely wrapped around his little finger.
Look at those Chunky Cheeks
Daddy Time

The Big Kids are in love, especially Samuel
Mom was going to Victoria to watch Grandma a week ago last Friday. She took the big kids with her. Josiah is eating every three hours and then I am pumping and finger feeding him. Between that and the many visits to the doctor we thought it would be best for her to take the kids. That was a really hard decision. Though I knew they would be well cared for, the thought of sending them away for 2 weeks was heartbreaking. I am glad that we did now though with how little sleep I am getting. I get to see them on Wednesday, I can't wait.

In the meantime Josiah is slowly gaining weight. He is up to 10lb7oz. He is having more periods of wake time and is even starting to wake up on his own for a few of his feeds. We are going from the 1am feed to the 6am feed giving both of us about a 4.5 to 5 hour stretch at night now. He was willing to go longer but I had to wake him every three hours. He is eating much better since I dropped the 3 am feed. I am getting a little more sleep and he is waking up better the next day.

Josiah responds to my voice. When he is really alert and he hears my voice he looks at me with an ooooh look on his face. It melts my heart.

I can't wait to get the kids home and find our new normal. Things have been out of whack since I got pregnant. I am looking forward to getting into a good routine with the three (wow) kids. I hope the summer weather holds out for a while longer so we can still have some fun in the sunshine before fall gets here.

No comments: