undefined

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Riverside Birthday Bash

Zach had planned on having a BBQ to celebrate my turning 30. When we figured out that Carolyn turned 40 the day before we thought it might be fun to do a combined party. Zach talked to Sean and then they phoned back and forth for a couple of weeks before coming up with anything definitive. Unfortunately the week before the party was planned for Zach got pretty sick and was home from work that whole week. He finally was able to make phone calls to invite people on Tuesday. The party was planned for Saturday. I wasn't sure how it would all turn out at such short notices especially since Zach was pretty much in bed until the morning of. Thank you mom for doing the shopping.
It turned out wonderfully. We had The Slocums, Us, the Cooks, the Senior Cooks, The Meyers, The Simpsons, Michael, My Parents & My mother-in -law. (I hope I didn't forget anyone). That gave us a total of 15 adults and 14 kids. We had salads, chips and hot dogs cooked over the fire. My mom brought homemade lemonade and birthday cake. It was so simple and so fun and relaxing.
I had been concerned about keeping the kids entertained down at the river park, but they were running and playing the whole time, finding dinosaur fossils, dipping in the water, playing at the park. It was great.
Carolyn & Tammy & Pam

Yes I know my tummy is ginormous. Yes I really do still have 7 more weeks. & NO I AM NOT HAVING TWINS OR TRIPLETS OR ANY OTHER MULTIPLE

Here is Ellie taking a minute to recoup
The boys were eager to get roasting

Everyone roasted their hot dogs over the fire.
Michael taught mom how to play Frisbee and she taught Ellie
Ellie and her God-Father Michael
The kids spent most of the day down at the water, they couldn't really get in very far due to the currents but that didn't slow them down
All in all it was a great day that I would love to repeat a number of times this summer.

No comments: