undefined

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Princess Ellie turns three!!

3 years ago we met this little angel. She was born at St. Joes in Bellingham. The dimple in her chin was the first thing everyone noticed. She also had her first tooth at birth. Before I had her I worried a lot about weather I could really love a second child as much as I did my first one. It did not take very long to realize that God allows our hearts to grow and the love just keeps on growing with it.
At the hospital
She is definitely her own little person. Everything I thought I had figured out with Samuel I had to relearn with her. She didn't do anything the same way. She sucked her fingers, put everything she found on the floor or anywhere for that matter in her mouth. She ate her board books, then tore the covers into bits of paper all over her floor. We started to think that we had misnamed her Ellianna Grace, as she tended more towards Ellianna the destroyer. I am having faith that she will still grow into the name we gave her.
1 Year Old
She is our fearless adventure girl. She is not afraid to climb anything, to try anything. She has no concept of danger. And very selective hearing. This makes for many near heart attacks for me. But she is just so darn cute.
2 Year Old
We started her birthday off as I have since Samuel's very first birthday. We woke her up with a birthday song. Normally I have a small gift for them to open at this time but I was so exhausted the night before I just couldn't stay up any longer to wrap presents. Good thing she didn't remember that from last year. She just had to be happy with the Balloon daddy had stopped for on the way home from work. ($9 balloon I might add. Really for a balloon?) Samuel sang to her multiple times on his ukulele. It was adorable. And what do you think the first thing that came out of her mouth was when she woke up enough to communicate.
"I still want to suck my fingers."
This was followed by a trip to the mall to ride the train. I have been saying no to this since the train started driving around our mall. I promised we would come and do it on her birthday. Go figure the train was closed two days a week which happened to fall on her birthday. Thankfully she was not to bothered by this, especially when we played in the play area, picked out her big girl bike and went to the dairy for ice cream before daddy had to go to work.

We went to Grandma Scott's house for a special birthday dinner. Ellie was super excited about the presents that were waiting on the table for her. And when she saw the birthday cake the only thing she cared about was that Grandma had gone to get m-n-ms for her cake. We had a hard time convincing her to go play until dinner. She sat in her chair saying she was fine waiting to open her presents. So we let her open one. That was enough to get her to go play.
 She got a glowing firefly from Grandma King
A Pink Bat, Pink Glove, Pink Tball, CD set, Outfit from Grandma & Papa Scott and Uncle Michael.
From Mom and Dad she got a new bike, a jewelry box with beads to make necklaces with mommy, a sesame street book pack and four adorable hair clips which she insisted Papa put in her hair all at once.
 Samuel and Ellie have this idea in their head that if they don't have birthday cake that they won't grow bigger on their birthday. Ellie has called birthday cake just plain birthday for a long time. So there just is no birthday without cake in her mind.

She has grown and changed so much over the past three years. She is loving, caring, affectionate, spunky, stubborn, daring, independent, mischievous. She talks non stop and works very hard to keep up with her brother. They have started to play together a lot. I have to take a step back sometimes and allow them to work out their differences. She has a definite mind of her own.  She has a wonderful imagination. When she doesn't have the object she wants to pretend with, she just holds her hands as if she does and continues on with her play.

There is definitely a little of Ellianna the destroyer left in her. I have been moving all of her stuff to the "big kids" room so I can turn her room back into a nursery. I made the mistake of leaving the closet unlatched with a whole box of costco wipes in it during nap time. This is what I found.
 She had emptied out two or three entire wipe packages as well as opening every single other one and an entire package of Pullups. When I came in to check on her I found her sitting on top of her mountain as happy as can be.

No comments: