undefined

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Motherhood

My first baby is 5 years old. I can't believe it. That is more than 1/4 of the time we get him. I have so much more I want to teach him.
Six years ago we thought we wouldn't have children. That is what the doctors told us. We started looking into adopting. There were a number of different avenues that we could take. We were in the researching stage while we were overseas in missions working with Global Aid Network. We had been praying about weather we would stay for longer than our one year commitment or not. Finally we started praying that we would stay put until God opened the door for us to start our family. The next week we found out we were pregnant. That began our journey as parents.
Samuel has become an outgoing, energetic, loving little boy. My day is never boring with Samuel around. I love my one on one time with him. I really enjoy taking him shopping with me. He is so cute the way that he will find things that he thinks would be great for Ellie or for Josiah. He has no sense of stranger danger. He wants to talk to every person he sees. Even the construction worker acrosss the parking lot, the garbage man taking his lunch, the grocery clerk, the homeless guy on the road...
Some of Samuel's quotes of the year:
*Me: what is the first book of the Bible. Samuel: Genesis. Me: and the last. Samuel: marvelation.

*Samuel was entertaining the bank tellers. I had to crack up when he announced to the bank that he had new underwear.

*Mommy: Samuel what were you doing down there
Samuel: hugging the tree
(Of course he was silly me for asking)

*Samuel sees this Guy with a sloppy red Mohawk. He starts laughing and says "he put spaghetti sauce on his head. That is so silly."

*Samuel: "mommy; daddy and I love you so so so much. We don't want you to die at all." (Um ok.)

*Samuel about his camping trip: I washed the tree all off. Washed off all the woodpecker poop. (Um ok)


* Samuel this morning is narrating his activity. I have heard the following 5 times in the last 10 minutes. "I just did..(fill in the blank).yay good job me. Good job me right mom."

* Samuel: mommy what is a board book
me: see how it has thick pages lake little boards
Samuel: oh I thought it was because it.makes big kids board

* mom I used enough soap for the whole month

* mom when I jumped out of bed I was going 50 MPH



Samuel I love you. I am so glad to see how you are maturing into a strong little man. I can't wait to see how much you grow and learn this next year.

No comments: