undefined

Saturday, January 3, 2009

2 year old thought process

We have spent the last 3 days at my parents house except for sleeping. My siblings are all here to celebrate Christmas. My parents have a really full house right now. So my two neices are sleeping in the bunkbeds in my old room along with Samuel in a playpen and Amy, my soon to be sister-in-law on a mattress on the floor. The other night Amy was really tired and went to bed around 8 PM. Samuel wasn't quite sleeping yet so he was talking away as usual. Amy lay there and listened to the following.

Dad sneezes down stares.
Samuel: "Buesss you papa, buess you papa" , pause, "buess you papa, buess you papa" .... (repeated for about 5 minutes) then Samuel realizes Amy is in the room. He looks at her for a while and then
Samuel: " Why aunty Mimmy no sweep with Uncle Michael." How do you explain this to a two year old.
Amy: "Because I am sleeping here with you tonight"
Samuel: "I sleep here tonight, mommy and daddy go home, I sleep here allll night. There are lights on outside, lotsa lights outside." And the monologue continues.

It is amazing to me the thoughts that are put together in the mind of a two year old.

Will post more about Christmas next week. Right now I need to go feed the baby.

No comments: